A film about a local hero digging an irrigation channel to be released in September


(China Plus) The story of a local hero who built 10 kilometers of irrigation channels for his waterless village in Guizhou Province has recently been adapted for the big screen.

The film will be released next month.

Veteran actor Zheng Qiang portrays Huang Dafa.

"Once, I felt I was losing all my energies in continuing the task. I asked my son instead to perform the blasting duties. He came to ask me why he's been appointed to do it. I told him I couldn't be selfish to risk other's lives, but he's my son and both of us should work ahead during emergencies."

Huang Dafa spent more than 30 years creating a water channel through three Karst mountains, using only hand tools and explosives.

Before the channel was completed, getting water in "Cao-wang-ba Village" was a difficult task.

Source: China Plus by Xu Fei

Subscribe to receive free email updates: