Dior Backstage Favorites

I think what I love the most about having this blog is the fact that I get to share my obsessions and favorites with people who are just as passionate about fashion and beauty as I am. I love being able to tell you about the newest beauty can’t-live-without product I’ve discovered and hearing your thoughts and opinions on it!

 

 

Well, today’s post is a great example of that! Though I’ve used Dior beauty products for a very long time, the new Backstage collection has taken over my make-up bag completely! If you’ve been following me for a while, you may already know that when it comes to make up, I tend to gravitate towards a more natural look for day, and go for drama at night. The reason why Dior Backstage palettes really resinate with me is because they allow me to not only build up the coverage and intensity, but also offer a variety of shades perfect for day or night, depending on the look I am going for!

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation – I was so excited to try out this foundation ( actually this backstage collection in general! ), and it certainly did not disappoint. What I loved the most about this foundation is how easy it was to blend ( it melts into your skin and looks very natural with a slightly matte finish ) and that you can build up the coverage by layering the product ( it’s medium coverage as is but can definitely be built up to full coverage ). I love that you get to choose from 40 shades and find one that fits you just right. It’s waterproof and sweat-resistant which makes it an amazing foundation for summer ( it’s been insanely hot this last weekend in LA and this foundation survived the heat ).

Dior Backstage Contour Palette – love this contour palette because it’s so compact yet has 4 different shades which give you an option of creating a more natural or really sculpted look. For a more natural look, I liked using the Contour Light shade—it gave me a very subtle contour that looked more like a shadow as opposed to an obviously contoured look. Contour Deep is what I used when I wanted that very sculpted cheekbone look. Layering them together works really well too—I like to sculpt with the Deep shade and bronze up the rest with the Light shade. The two highlighter colors on top are very natural looking and perfect for everyday ( aside from using them on my cheekbones, I like using them as my brow bone highlight for a subtle glow ).

Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette – another great super compact palette from this collection. It packs two highlighting shades and two blush shades. I loved both of the blushes, easily blendable, and pretty universal. The gold highlighter shade is perfect for that stark highlighted look – sweep it across your cheekbones and you’re glowing! I liked using it on my collarbone and shoulders as well to add some glow to my body. The lightest highlight shade is definitely for someone with lighter skin than me so I wouldn’t use it on my cheekbones but it’s great for inner corner of the eyes and the cupids bow.

Dior Backstage Eyeshadow Palette – this eyeshadow palette pretty much includes all of my favorite and most frequently used shades so it’s been my go-to palette as of late. It’s a mix of matte and shimmer shades—I typically use matte on my crease and put shimmer on my lid. With the shade range, it’s easy to go natural or go for a full blown smokey eye. Also love that it includes a primer right in the palette, how convenient is that?

Something that I didn’t quite appreciate at the beginning but grew to love about these palettes is how convenient they are when you are traveling. The variety of shades gives you an option of creating more than a few different looks ranging from subtle for day-time to dramatic at night, they are very compact, so they take no space at all! Obviously, for someone like me, who spends most of the time traveling that’s really important!

 

What about you guys, have you tried Dior Backstage products yet?

Charo Ruiz Dana Top and Skirt (also love this, this, and this) | ASN Hats The Carmen Hat | Dior J’Adior It Ballet Pump, Backstage Face & Body Foundation, Backstage Contour Palette, Backstage Glow Face Palette, and Backstage Eyeshadow Palette

Subscribe to receive free email updates: