How to Dress Down Metallics for Day

Of all the fashion trends coming in for Fall/Winter 17, metallics are my favorite by far. So fun to play around with, they are obviously a great option for night, but lately, I’ve been really feeling them as part of my more casual, day-time looks. First, they add that fun little element that makes casual looks feel a bit more special, but also, they do a great job elevating those super easy-going ensembles to the next level.

My trick to wearing metallics for day is rather simple – make that metallic piece the focal point of your look, and keep the rest of your outfit casual and understated. Take today’s outfit for example, I got this rad Proenza Schouler skirt to wear to a friends cocktail party. Since it was a rather formal event, I dressed it up with strappy heels and a ruffled blouse. Yet, because I am completely and totally obsessed with it and feel like wearing it non-stop all day, everyday, I wanted to find a way I could wear it during the day without looking too dressed up.

For today’s look, I opted to pair it with a chunky gray knit and a pair of knee-high suede boots, but I also love the way it looks with denim jackets, oversized sweatshirts and sneakers, and soft coats and ankle boots. Basically, it works amazingly well with most casual separates yet adds just the right amount of drama to a casual look, and I don’t know about you guys, but when it comes to clothing, a little drama is always good!

Proenza Schouler Metallic Textured Leather Mini Skirt | Iro Cidravol Boots & Novyi Cardigan | Louis Vuitton Bag | Catbird Kitten Mitten 14 karat Gold Diamond Bracelet & Tiny Corsage 14 karat Rose Gold Diamond Bracelet 

Subscribe to receive free email updates: