Taipei: Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and the Changing of Guards

My brother-in-law has been to Taipei a few years ago and he told me that if ever I will be visiting the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial monument, which is a very popular attraction in Taipei, I better go and check it out.


My plan really is to visit the CKS memorial monument but I didn’t know about the changing of the guard's ceremony. I did some quick research and found out that the ceremony takes on the top of the hour from 10:00 to 16:00, which means on an hourly basis.

I have seen a couple of changing of the guard's ceremony in other places in capital cities, namely the Royal Palace in Stockholm, the Parliament Building on Syntagma Square in Athens and the Buckingham Palace in London where I got bored waiting, and the massive crowd, I decided to leave.

I may have seen more changing of the guards in other countries but these 3 are the ones I can think of quickly.

[To read the rest of the post and see more pictures, click the READ MORE link below]

Read more »

Subscribe to receive free email updates: