Dry Skin Routine

I’ve always been pretty vocal about the fact that I am “blessed” with dry skin. It’s been this way for as long as I can remember, and through trial and error I found that the only way to deal with it is by taking care of it consistently.

Tough in the past, I’ve allowed my schedule to get the best of me and let my body-care routine slide, as of late, I’ve been pretty diligent about taking care of it because if I don’t, it gets particularly dry and flaky, especially around my knees and elbows. And that of course is not an option! So now, I always make sure to eat well, exercise ( I find that these 2 factors are really instrumental in terms of keeping my skin in it’s best possible state ), and use moisturizing products on daily basis: morning and night, no matter what!

 

Yet, even with consistent body-care routine, I find that come summer time, my skin definitely gets drier! In addition to that, I have been traveling a lot lately, and I don’t know what it is really, perhaps it is the jet leg which I tend to deal with by drinking a lot more coffee than I should, or the dry air on planes, or the constantly changing climates ( I’ve gone from below zero temperatures to high 90 and back to below zero within a span of one week ), or perhaps it is all of the above, but as of late, I’ve noticed that my skin has been getting itchy and flaky again.

Since my regular lotions and potions weren’t performing as well as they normally do, about 2 weeks ago I’ve made a switch to Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer with Restoring Argan Oil and the results have been nothing short of amazing! Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I was this excited about a body-care product. First, I’ve gotten used to the notion that deeply moisturizing products should be and feel heavy, otherwise they don’t work, but Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer feels very light and absorbs instantly, yet makes my skin feel soft all day long. Another thing that makes this moisturizer very different from anything I’ve tried before is the fact that you apply it on wet skin. It works by blending with water to lock in hydration, and glides right on wet skin, so getting ready takes me no time at all! Obviously I love that!

What difference have I noticed? Normally, my skin tends to get ever drier towards the end of the day, unless of course I re-apply my moisturizer, but with Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer, I don’t need to do that, because it looks and feels just as soft and smooth as it does right after I apply the product. Another thing is obviously the softness, that dry, tight, and itchy feeling is completely gone and instead my skin feels very, very silky and smooth. Love, love, love that!

P.S. If you guys have any questions about the product or application tips, leave a comment below, I’ll be happy to answer!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: