Vacation White :: 3 White Staples You Need this Summer

I don’t know about you guys, but I always wear a lot of white summer time, and all-white outfits (or almost all-white ) happen to be my particular favorite. Naturally, come summer time, white staples are always at the top of my shopping list, and as I was getting ready for a recent trip to Palm Springs, updating my can’t-imagine-summer-without live-ins was the first order of business! This, by the way got me thinking, well…, what are my summer/vacay staples? And the truth is, at this particular point in time, there are exactly 3 of them! 

First and foremost – a white dress! Something easy and comfortable to wear for day with a pair of flats, yet special enough that I can dress up with a pair of heels and a clutch to wear for night. Enter my current obsession du jour, or as I like to call it, the dress I will be living in this summer ( seriously, because I bought it in every color imaginable – more options herehere, and here ) Aside from the fact that I am never not obsessing over eyelet, this dress has everything I could hope for and more: pockets, tie shoulder detailing and the feminine silhouette. Since comfort is key in Palm Springs, for today’s look I paired it with ankle-tie gladiators, but it looks just as cute for night with strappy heels and a smaller, structured bag or clutch. 

Secondly – white denim mini. Normally, I like to have at least one white denim mini in my closet. Super versatile, it’s the skirt I usually pair with all my brightly colored or printed tops. Love the one from Express I am wearing in today’s post because of the higher waist line and a bit of distressing. For today’s look I paired it with my third staples – a detailed blouse, but I also love wearing it with cute t-shirts, or sweatshirts and sneakers on my casual days. 

 

Speaking of detailed blouses ( a few favorites herehere & here ), ruffles are definitely having a moment this year and the way I like to wear them is by paring them with edgier or distressed pieces to avoid looking overly girly. The one I am wearing in today’s post is also from Express and happens to be my obsession du-jour! Super light and breezy, love the way it works with anything denim, like obviously high-waisted minis, but also cropped or boyfriend jeans. Added bonus, is that it looks super cute paired with dressier bottom options for night! Love that! 

What about you guys, what are your summer staples? 

Express eyelet dress ( also love options herehere, and here ), white denim mini skirt, straw hat, sunglasses, and white ruffle blouse ( similar favorites herehere & here )

Subscribe to receive free email updates: