New Hair Care Routine

 

One day, about a month ago I woke up and realized that I had the same hair style for the past 3 years… Yes, the same piecey bob with textured ends and more importantly, same hair color, which 3 years later, felt a bit tired and lackluster! Though I’ve often considered doing something different with my hair, on that particular day, I actually took steps, went to the salon, and a few hours later, walked out of my salon with a new style that felt brand new! That said, I really wanted to also switch up my haircare routine and just try something new.

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-9

 

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-8 vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-10

Thankfully, my Kérastase fam introduced me to a new line of hair care products, that I’ve been using pretty much religiously, and I must say, the results have been nothing short of amazing!

What convinced me to try Aura Botanica was the fact that the line contains no silicones, no parabens and no sulfates and is made with 99% Natural Origin ingredients and if you read my blog on the regular, you probably already know that I am always looking for effective natural beauty products. I also liked the fact that it contains natural oils like coconut oil and argan oil which help nourish and maintain the health of the hair.

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-1

At the moment, my hair care routine consists of 4 easy steps. I start by washing my hair with Aura Botanica Bain Micellaire, a gentle shampoo designed specifically for dull or devitalized hair. Quick tip – when you wash color-treated hair, pay special attention to the temperature of the water. You definitely don’t want to wash your hair with very hot water since it tends to damage hair and dull the color.

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-2

Next, I apply Aura Botanica Soin Fondamental, a deep moisturizing conditioner for dull or devitalized hair. Normally, I tend to apply the conditioner to the ends of my hair since my scalp can be a bit on the oily side. I also leave the conditioner on for a bit longer, I’d say 5-10 minutes at least to get the full benefits of the product!

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-5

If I have the time, I let my hair air dry. It does take longer (normally I use this time to do my make up and get dressed) but it really makes a difference, and my hair looks and feels much healthier if I don’t use the blowdryer. I am also a big believer in brushing hair regularly. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I started brushing my hair for about 5-10 minutes on daily basis and the results have been amazing.

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-3

 

So, once my hair is completely dry, I spray a bit of Aura Botanica Essence D’eclat, which is a moisturizing oil mist designed to nourish hair and control the frizz, to the ends of my hair, and brush it with a peddle brush for about 10 minutes.

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-4

Last but certainly not least is the Aura Botanica Concentrate Essentiel, which I apply lightly to the length of my hair once it is styled to prevent dryness, frizz and to smooth the flyaways. This is probably one of my favorite products, since hair oils can feel a bit heavy and dull or way down the hair, but this one feels like nothing at all, yet makes my hair look very smooth and shiny! Love that!

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-6

vivaLuxury X Kerastase may 2017-7

Subscribe to receive free email updates: