Wear Now & Later: Transitional Pieces I’m Buying Now

Though technically speaking, Summer is far away from being over, I find that lately, most of the pieces I’m adding to my closet are transitional ones. I suppose that’s just me being practical since I do like to get quite a bit of wear out of my favorites, and buying things I could only wear a few times makes little sense to me, but pieces I could wear once the weather gets a bit cooler, do!

Take today’s outfit for example, comprised entirely out of some of my newest favorites, most of what I’m wearing in today’s look will work just as well for Fall. Always on a lookout for great topers, I am completely obsessed with the floral bomber jacket I’m sporting in today’s look. Love the pretty color combination and the floral print, but also the fact that I can throw it over a denim mini or a cute sundress now, but also wear it with jeans, sneakers or boots come fall! Love that!

Sneakers have become a bit of a thing for me lately, especially sneakers with a bit of a twist or a special detail I am always looking for in shoes! These glitter babies from Marc Jacobs are my current pièce de résistance and go-to shoe of the moment. Though in the beginning of Summer I tend to opt for sandals more, as we get closer to fall, I definitely lean towards sneakers. They work just as well with some of my summer favorites, like denim separates, cute dresses and mini skirts, they also easily transition into fall paired with denim and jackets.

Last but certainly not least are bags. Though for the most part, fall calls for a slightly darker, moodier color palette, I like to inject a bit of life into my fall wardrobe with either brightly colored or pastel accessories. Take today’s pastel pink backpack I am sporting in today’s outfit, aside from the fact that mini backpack remain a huge trend for this fall, I love this particular shade of pink because it pairs so well with fall colors like navy, gray, burgundy and army green. And sure, it may not be a typical color choice for fall, yet nothing brightens my day when the weather gets dark and gloomy quite like wearing a pretty color, and pink is always my pretty color of choice!

What about you guys, what are some of the transitional pieces you’re buying at the moment?

Thank you Bloomingdale’s & ShopStyle for partnering with me on this post.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: