Ortensia

Though normally, my motto for weekend dressing is comfy and casual, I have to admit that every once in while, I really enjoy trading in my weekend uniform, which consists of denim shorts and off-the-shoulder tops as of late, for something a bit more glamorous!

Originally, I had this gorgeous Dolce & Gabbana number in mind for Italy, but unfortunately it didn’t arrive in time, so once I got back to LA, the first order of business was to take this pretty floral number our for a walk somewhere fabulous. Luckily, this Sunday was exactly such an occasion. One of my really good friends got married and since the wedding took place outdoors in a rather informal setting, I finally got to wear what is probably one of my favorite dresses of all time.

The funny thing is that I don’t wear print all that much. Normally, I am very comfortable in my solid colors, and if I do wear print, I opt for a something very subtle ( like this dress for example ), but I suppose there is an exception to every rule, because I fell in love with this beautiful blue and green hydrangea print the moment I saw it!

Aside from color and pattern, what I love about this dress the most is of course the neckline ( Hello! Never met an off-the-shoulder dress I didn’t like! ), but also, it’s day-to-night transformation potential. Though it does pair beautifully with strappy heels and structured mini bags, it works just as well with flhttp://shopstyle.it/l/emLxat gladiator sandals and literally any wicker bag imaginable. Basically, it goes from rather dressy to super casual with a simple change of accessories, and of course you all know how much I love that!

Dolce & Gabbana Hydrangea Print Poplin Cold Shoulder Dress & Metal Butterfly Sunglasses | Mark Cross Benchley Textured Leather Shoulder Bag | Alexandre Birman Clarita Bow Embellished Suede Sandals | Catbird Kitten Mitten 14 karat Gold Diamond Bracelet & Tiny Corsage 14 karat Rose Gold Diamond Bracelet | Monica Vinader Riva Kite Rose Gold Vermeil Diamond Bracelet & Sterling Silver Diamond Bracelet

Subscribe to receive free email updates: