Fujian-style Brunch in Xiamen: Bian Rou (扁肉) Wonton Noodle Soup and Zongzi (粽子) Glutinous Rice

Because I got booted out of the 100-year old Chinese mansion hotel I stayed at (they have no permit allowing foreigners to stay with them), I moved to a hotel just down the road which does not offer breakfast.

Bian Rou Wonton Noodle Soup in Xiamen

Bian Rou Wonton noodle soup in Xiamen.


The dumpling noodle restaurant is on Zhongshan Road pedestrian on the corner of Jukou Jie street. The best landmark is the street gate beside it on Jukou Jie.

This is perfectly fine for me as this will give me the excuse to splurge on a brunch. My idea of splurge does not mean expensive and large amounts of food by the way. Splurge for me is when I have the freedom to try out new things.

For this brunch, I was searching for some warm noodle soup. I was craving. Noodles are my favourite dish in the world. I make a lot at home at home, dry or soup. The Dutchman loves them as well. The only difference with the noodles I make is that I add a huge amount of vegetables. The ratio is probably 70% vegetables – 5% meat – 25% noodles. I am a veggie lover!

[To read the rest of the post and see more pictures, click the READ MORE link below]

Read more »

Subscribe to receive free email updates: