Thailand: Part One of the Elephant Show – "Elephant World Cup" (2015) and some Magic

If not because of my mother, who is adamant on seeing the Elephant show, I wouldn’t have been here and witness the Elephant World Cup! Haha.

The location of the Elephant show is at Samphran Elephant Ground & Zoo in Sam Phran, Nakhon-Pathom province, approximately an hour’s drive from Bangkok.


The Elephant show started with a front act—some magic. The one-eyed pirate magician has an assistant impersonating the clothing style of Elvis Presley. For all I know, the duo could have come straight from a Las Vegas gig.

I had low expectations. Magic, together with circus and festival rides reminds me of childhood days. So being in my mid 40’s I did not know what to expect. But I laughed, so I guess that was a success.

Then the elephants came!

The horde of elephants came marching in as one by the one was introduced to the public. Then all of a sudden the elephants started dancing. Twirling their heads and trunks. Sitting cross legged. Swaying their butts! Haha. You can imagine the crowd laughing and howling like crazy!

Then a new set of elephants came and this time they were dressed as famous football stars. Neymar from Brazil. Robben from Holland. Messi from Argentina. Rooney from England. Honda from Japan. Ronaldo from Portugal. Wow that is an impressive array of the world’s greatest football players in a single game!

And the elephants can actually play football. I was so surprised! When the lovely animals kick the ball, some were even able to score, the audience on the tribune went wild. My goodness, I have never expected an elephant show like this. Everyone was in high spirits.

I managed to take 2 short videos of these wonderful football players =)



Introducing the world's famous football players!



The elephants here playing football. You have to watch this video! =)

I know that there have been a lot of talks about animal exploitations. The elephants at Samphran Elephant Ground & Zoo looked like they were well taken cared of, and that they seemed to really enjoy what they do. But then again I am not an animal expert.

So far the elephants looked very happy here, and they sure give a stealer of a show.

THE MAGIC FRONT ACT:


This duo was really funny, especially the Elvis Presley inspired dresser assistant to the magician.

THE ELEPHANT WORLD CUP:


Oh, I am seeing Arjan Robben from the Netherlands, haha.


I sat high up in the tribune so I could take good pictures.


And I am seeing Neymar from Brazil and Rooney from England as well =)

Travel Period: November 2015
Destination: Sam Phran (Nakhon-Pathom), Thailand

Keep in touch and follow me on Facebook: Travel & Lifestyle Diaries by Dutched Pinay Travels
Happy Travels! Enjoy Life =)

All pictures were taken by a point and shoot pocket camera or iPhone.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: